Saturday, October 9, 2010

A view from my window

So many mornings I am in such a hurry that I don't pay any attention to the view from my kitchen window. What a foolish thing to do! The view from my window is beautiful; a pond, the sun glinting off of the water, ducks swimming and trees beginning to change colors. By not taking at least a minute to look I miss the gift the Lord has to give me in the beauty of my surroundings.

How many times have I done the same thing with my husband and kids; with friends and other family? In my busy-ness how much beauty have I missed? I am sure that I have missed much. I will not be able to recapture those moments no matter how much I would like to.

So what do I do now? Well, for starters, I am going to pause at my kitchen window, drink my coffee and thank the Lord for the gifts that He has given me: my husband, my children, my friends, the priviledge to live in such a beautiful place, my adoption into the God's family. (The list could go on and on!!!) As well, I will do my best to recognize the opportunities that are given to me each day to extend grace to others (that grace truly is a blessing). I hope that you will take a minute to catch a "glimpse from your window" and embrace the beautiful blessings you've been given!

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. We value them greatly. I will give an Aiden update soon.

Blessings to you and yours,

Christa

No comments: