Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Would you like a sneak peek?

There is nothing like being blog illiterate, but it seems I am once again struggling to figure out how to get pics in the right places on this page!!! I wanted to post some pics of the progress on the house, but they didn't line up like I thought they would, so I'll just go through the ones that posted like they are, so here goes :)
The picture to the right is of Dave's and my bedroom. It is painted with really warm contrasting browns. We're doing all of the trim in white. I was really unsure of the colors. My sister Jennifer helped me pick them out and if the truth be told, she did a great job (but DON'T TELL HER!)


This is the room that the kids will share to begin with. Addison is a little scared to be in a room by herself, so Aaron and Aiden will share with her for a while. Aiden will always be in a room with one of the other kids, so for right now it will be Addison. In a couple of years (probably less time than I would like to imagine) we will move Aiden in with Aaron because Addison will need girl space. (I hope the Lord gives me a few years to prepare!)


These are of the downstairs bathroom. It has been renovated to accommodate Aiden; a bath with hand rails, a new toilet, no tile, a detachable shower head. We will have clothing and other things for his use here to make it as easy as possible. I really like the tile accent. I think it looks pretty!








This pic is especially for my mom. The new counter tops were installed yesterday and she wanted to see them right away!! Here they are Mom, aren't they beeeuuteeful? Last night after they were finished putting them in I got out the mop, cleaned the floor and stared. I know that sounds silly, but I wanted to see how pretty the kitchen would look when it was finally done. (We do have a slight technical difficulty that will take some fixing...sloping cabinets :( )
Hope that this finds all of you well. We are actively working to finish this project with a hope to getting moved sometime in March. Pray to this end for us if you can, please!!
Blessings to all,
Christa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah!!!!!looking good. Can't wait for the moving in day( s)..This is a great old house and i expect they will be very happy living here...My house and storage unit will be almost empty when they move...We've been saving her granmother's ethan allen furniture for" such a time as this....".Love you all so much, Mom