Thursday, June 4, 2009

A week-end to remember





















Like I've said before, I have trouble with the picture part of this blogging thing. So these pictures chronicle a small part of our week-end adventure.

Mom, the kids, 2 cousins and I headed out Saturday afternoon to the Louis Ginter Botanical Gardens. It was a beautiful day; perfect for being outside in a garden. Besides, they have a live butterfly exhibit that is really cool. (Thus the picture of the butterfly above.)

We walked, saw butterflies and in the children's garden we got wet! Aiden has never been in a water park or in a sprinkler for that matter. It has really only been just a year that he has tolerated being in a bath tub, so this

was an experiment for us. To my joy and surprise, Aiden really liked the water. He stood with me and got his hands wet. He let Aaron help him while the sprinklers got him. He even laughed and when I put him back in the stroller, he chose to get up and get wet again! It was a fun and peaceful day.

Unfortunately, it ended with Aiden sick. It would be lovely to say that the picture of him sleeping was the result of being tired at the end of a special day. Actually, it is a picture of Aiden Sunday asleep on the floor in the living room with a fever of 101-102. This is also after the vomiting and being awake off and on all night.

We missed Monday's therapy, but that worked out well because Addison started with the virus on


Sunday night. Both of them ran fevers on Monday
(Addison's up to 103.5). I took Addison to the emergency care center Tuesday to have a culture done. It turns out Aiden was exposed to rotavirus; hand,foot and mouth disease; and strep throat!!! I decided that if Addison had strep then I would have Aiden done; otherwise I would save him the trauma (and myself honestly) of a throat culture. The quick strep was negative. We're waiting on the culture. At this point I think that the virus is totally unrelated to our exposures!

We missed a total of 2 days; yesterday was our first day back in therapy. Aiden was a little weaker than usual, but he worked hard. Today was even better. He is showing signs of really improving in his upper body strength. I am excited to see the results even this early.

Please pray that Aiden remains healthy and hardy for the remainder of our stay. Also pray that I am healthy. As self-important as it sounds, we really can't afford for me to be sick. Finally, thank the Lord for His faithfulness in this adventure!!!

Blessings to all,
Christa
PS. As I was writing my mom took my dad's temp.....101!!! :( Pray for him!

No comments: